‘Engineers Against the Coup’ Calls for Protest Rally Saturday October 26
The ‘Engineers Against the Coup’ group called a protest rally in front of the Cairo High Court, under the banner "Victims of the Coup… Accountability" on Saturday, October 26, from 1 PM to 3 PM.
The purpose is to identify the victims of the coup, the martyrs and detainees from all segments of society (students, engineers, teachers, physicians, pharmacists, academics, journalists, Azhar scholars, scientists, etc.), to stand in solidarity with them and their families, and to demand the release of all detainees.
Ever since the repressive hand of the coup forces took the lives of thousands of peaceful, blameless people, and injured and detained tens of thousands of the best sons and daughters of this country, who revolted in defense of truth, freedom, dignity and the popular will – ever since then, free Egyptian men and women in all provinces, cities and villages have been steadfast and determined in their nonviolent protests against oppression and violations of rights and freedoms.
‘Engineers Against the Coup’ calls upon all engineers and engineering students to rally in front of the High Court on Saturday, October 26, from 1 PM to 3 PM. More rallies will be held by members of many other professions, for the following:
1. Announce an accounting of the victims of the brutal, murderous coup, exposing its actions against the innocent and its fascist violations of all rights and freedoms, beginning with the right to life and ending with the right to free expression.
2. Reject all decisions and laws of the military-appointed government regarding rights and freedoms, at the top of which is the declaration of a state of emergency.
3. Demand the immediate release of all political detainees, and the cessation of false accusations and trials of honorable, patriotic innocent people, especially girls, women, minors and medical cases.
4. Show solidarity with the detainees, wounded, and the families of the martyrs.
5. Renew the pledge to remain determined and steadfast until the coup is broken, all its effects removed, and all the killers and criminals brought to justice.
‘Engineers Against the Coup’ further affirms that it will issue a statement during the protest rally, exposing the violations and abuses detainees suffer in the absence of the rule of law.
Engineers Against the Coup
October 23, 2013