- July 22, 2013
- 6 minutes read
Decisions and Recommendations of Upper House Session Monday in Rabaa Al-Adaweya Square
Recommendations and decisions of the Shura Council session held on Monday, July 22, 2013:
1. Rejection of the bloody military coup, demanding reinstatement of the legitimate elected President Mohamed Morsi so he can exercise his functions and duties, and ending his forced disappearance immediately.
2. Rejection of all the consequences of the ruinous military coup, such as the suspending of the Constitution, disbanding of the Shura Council and other actions, processes and effects.
3. The Shura Council is in permanent session until the return of constitutional legitimacy, until Mohamed Morsi is reinstated as President of the Republic with full functions and duties, and until the military coup is fully nullified and overturned.
4. All those who mounted the coup against democratic legitimacy bear criminal responsibility for the consequences arising from the coup, especially the killing and wounding of thousands of Egyptian people while demonstrating peacefully.
5. The interior minister and his aides for Public Security and Central Security and National Security bear criminal responsibility for the killing and wounding of thousands of Egyptian people, men, women and children, while demonstrating peacefully.
6. We call on Egypt’s armed forces commanders, officers and soldiers, as well as honorable police officers, to uphold constitutional legitimacy and protect the will of the people against the military coup.
7. We call on the International Parliament and parliamentary organizations as well as parliaments of the world to hold an emergency session to reject the bloody military coup and consequent effects, especially the sacking of the Egyptian Shura Council.
8. Human rights and humanitarian organizations must adopt the call to stop and condemn the bloody massacres and human rights violations pursued by the bloody coup.
9. Bringing cases before the International Criminal Court and the African Court against the putschists for their crimes against humanity and for violation of human rights.
10. Condemn the dubious role of the USA and Israel in the military coup, and the expulsion of the American and Israeli ambassadors from Egypt.
11. We do not recognize the government appointed by the coup commanders, and stress that the ministers who sided with democratic legitimacy are the ones who indeed represent the Egyptian government.
12. The Egyptian Shura Council stresses that no-one will recognize any financial agreements or obligations arranged or gotten into by the Government of the bloody military coup, including International Monetary Fund agreements.
13. The Shura Council strongly condemns the confiscation of freedoms, and demands reopening of satellite TV channels closed by putschists. It also demands the immediate release of all politicians, demonstrators and journalists detained and arrested after the military coup.
We extend our condolences to the families of the martyrs and wish a speedy recovery for all injured. We stress that pro-legitimacy martyrs and injured since June 28 will be treated like January 25 (2011) martyrs and wounded.
We further offer our condolences to the families of the martyrs of the armed forces who died in the bus accident in the Sinai and other unfortunate incidents.
The Shura Council will monitor the situation and follow developments constantly.
God bless Egypt and protect its people and its army from all evil