Dozens of MBs Arrested during a Crackdown in 3 governorates
Wide scale sweeps of arrests have been launched today at dawn(Thursday Feb. 14, 2008) by the Egyptian security forces against Muslim Brotherhood members.
Today’s arrests included Sharqeya, Monufeya, and Fayoum governorates where more than 37 MB members were arrested in an unjustified crackdown against the Muslim Brotherhood.The actual number of arrests is yet to be known.
Names of detainees in Fayoum:
1. Ahmed Ibrahim Bayoumi, an accountant.
2. Adel Al-Rouby, taxes-inspector.
3. Sha’ban Al-Leithi, a teacher.
4. Abdullah Al-Motteleb Besheer.
5. Sha’ban Oweis.
6. Hassan Abdul-Salam.
7. Abdul-Rahman Yousef.
8. Eid Kamel.
9. Abdul-Rahman Ahmed.
10. Hassan Abdul-Ghani.
11. Hanafi Mahmoud Mohamed.
12. Hazem So’oudy.
13. Ragab Mohamed Ahmed.
14. Salama Anwar.
15. Mohamed Hatita.
16. Abdul-Aziz Mahmoud.
Names of detainees in Sharqeya known till now:
1. Al-Sayed Abdul-Hameed Hozaile, a physician and former member of Parliament.
2. Mohie Hamed, a physicisn and a prominent member in the MB.
3. Sabri Abdul-Maqsoud, maths teacher and a prominent member in the MB.
4. Dr. Nagi Saqr, MB candidate in 2007 Shura council elections.
5. Al-Sa’dany Ahmed Al-Berri, financial and administrative supervisor in the Egyptian Bar-association in Sharqeya.
6. Abdul-Hameed Kamel.
7. Ezzat Bakry.
8. Ahmed Kassab.
9. Samir Abdul-Hameed, a teacher.
10. Ahmed Awad, a businessman.
11. Dr. Abdul-Hameed Kamel, BA in agricultural science.
12. Mahmoud Abdul-Maqsoud, a teacher.
13. Ahmed Badawi, a lawyer.
14. Hassan Sobhi Abdul-Hameed, an employee in a local council in Sharqeya.
Detainees in Monufeya:
1. Abdullah Al-Nahhas, a physician.
2. Sobhi Ga’far, an employee.
3. Mustafa Al-Halawani, a veterinarian.
4. Gamal Khalifa, a physician.
5. Sherif Al-Mehrath.
6. Ahmed Shahin, a physician.
7. Mohamed Anis, agricultural engineer.
8. Abdullah Al-Bitawi.
9. Rezq Abdul-Rasheed Younes, an engineer.
10. Sayed Ayyad, an owner of a tourism company.
11. Fawzi Sharaf, Imam of a mosque.
It is noteworthy that the security forces attacked a number of other houses, but failed to arrest the MB members there as they were not home during the attack.