Expatriate Egyptians announce participation on Jan 25th Rage Day
Calls for the Day of Rage on January 25, 2011 increased 6 days before the date. Protesters called on the Egyptians Abroad to protest in front of the embassies. 45,000 members of Khaled Saeed group responded to the call.
The calls continued and demanded:
– A minimum wage of 1200 L.E a
– Payment for unemployment
– abolition of the emergency law
– Dismissal of the minister of interior
– Resolving the People’s Parliament and the Shura Council
– Providing guarantees for free and fair elections
– Conducting constitutional amendments which give any president a maximum of two terms.
54,000 people confirmed their participation which increases every second 17,959 announced that they might participate.
Other groups on facebook announced its willingness to organize protests in front of the Egyptian embassies and called on the Egyptians living abroad to participate such as the “Coalition for Egyptians Abroad to Support El-Baradei 2011”.