FJP Program on Tourism and Civil Aviation, 2011
1. Protect tourist areas in Ancient Egyptian cities, and along the coasts of the Mediterranean and Red seas.
2. Encourage the private sector and attract foreign investment to effect more development in the tourism sector.
3. Market tourism products on Arab and international levels by working on the revitalisation of Egyptian Tourism in the main existing markets, and open new tourism markets.
4. Double hotel capacity through the development of existing tourist destinations and the targeting of new tourist destinations, with diversification of tourism services.
5. Provide quality service to tourists, from arrival/reception through to facilitation of customs procedures, transportation to suitable hotels, good hotel service, tourist attraction tours, and right up to the moment of departure from Egypt.
6. Promote scientific, conference, cultural and religious tourism.
7. Fast-track establishment of a land-bridge over the Gulf of Aqaba, linking Egypt and Saudi Arabia, to facilitate the movement of Arab tourism between the countries of the east and the west – of the Arab world – through Egypt. This should achieve an additional economic growth, in many areas.
8. Lift all visa, customs and excise barriers among Arab countries.