- Elbaradei CampaignMB NewsReform Issues
- July 21, 2010
- 4 minutes read
MB’s petition demanding 7 changes garners over 100,000 signatures
The campaign which was launched by MB chairman Dr. Mohamed Badie on its official website ikhwanonline.com and on tawkatonline.com was initiated in an effort to publicize the 7 demands for change deemed necessary for successful political reform and constitutional amendments.
The demands include:
1. Ending the state of emergency
2. The empowerment of the Egyptian judiciary to supervise the full electoral process as a whole.
3. Control of the elections by local civil society organizations and international levels.
4. Providing equal opportunities in the media for all candidates, especially in the presidential election.
5. Enabling Egyptians abroad to exercise their right to vote in embassies and consulates in Egypt .
6. Ensuring the right to stand in presidential elections without arbitrary restrictions in line with Egypt ‘s obligations under the International Convention for Civil and Political Rights, and limiting the right to run for the presidency to two terms.
7. Elections by individual identification social numbers
Amending articles 76, 77 and 88 of the Constitution as soon as possible.
The petition has succeeded in yielding much support and publicity both in Egypt and abroad.