New subsidence in Jerusalem’s Old City
– A new one meter deep subsidence occurred at the entrance of Bab Khan Al-Zeit in the Old City of occupied Jerusalem on Sunday night due to the ongoing Israeli diggings under the Old City.
Sheikh Ekrema Sabri, the head of the higher Islamic authority, told the PIC that the subsidence, which was two meters long and two meters wide, was the result of Israeli excavations.
He warned that the Old City could suffer more serious land collapses due to the continued diggings.
The buildings in the Old City are very old and cannot stand any more diggings under them, the Sheikh said, adding that he had previously warned of such excavations but the Israeli occupation continued the diggings unabated.
Sabri championed strong pressures on the part of the Arab countries and the world at large against the Israeli occupation to stop its excavations, using diplomatic, commercial and economic means to up the pressures.