Postponement of the appeal on the refusal to release 13 MB members in military courts
The administrative judiciary court headed by Justice Mohamed Attia has decided yesterday the postponement of the appeal submitted by 13 of those referred to military courts against the Minister of Justice, Attorney General and Director of the Prison Service for the conditional release provided in provided in Article 52 of law No. 396 of 1956 which the administrative body refuse to implement until the next session on 2nd of June to preview and give back the documents.
Naser El-Hafi (A member of the Defence body) stressed that three of the ones referred to military courts have been subject to grave injustice as they were supposed to be released after they spent three quarter the period of the sentence, however the administrative bodies refuse that and they will spend 65 days in Tora prison without being released, while those charged with drug trafficking, looting public funds or forgery are usually being released after spending three quarter of the period.
Among those sentenced is Dr. Mohamed Ali Beshr (Professor at the Faculty of Engineering, member of the MB Guidance Bureau and former Secretary-General of Engineers Association) in addition to 12 others and those are:
– Farid Ali Ahmed Galbat (professor of international law in the Faculty of Sharia and law at Al-Azhar University)
– Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Mohamed Abu Zead (Professor at the Faculty of Medicine-Cairo University)
– Eng. Ayman Ahmed Abdel Ghani Hassanin (Civil engineer at the Arab Contractors)
– Dr. Salah Eldosouqi Amer Murad (Professor at the Faculty of Medicine at Al-Azhar University)
– Dr. Essam Abdel Mohsen Afifi Mohamed (Professor at the Faculty of Medicine at Al-Azhar University)
– Eng. Mamddouh Ahmed Abdel Moeti El-Hussein (Free Engineer)
– Sayyed Maarouf Abul Yazeed Mesbh (Accountant at Omar Afandi)
– Fathi Mohamed Baghdadi Ali (Maths Teacher)
– Mostafa Mohamed Mohamed Mahmoud Salem (Legal Accountant)
– Eng. Medhat El-Haddad (Businessman)
– Dr. Essam Hashish (Professor at the Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University) and
– Dr. Diaa Farahat (Businessman)