Tunis, 8 July 2013
Early this morning, Monday 8 July 2013, putschist forces committed a massacre against peaceful protesters supporting the legitimate President Mohamed Morsy as they engaged in their dawn prayers. Victims of the massacre exceed 50 martyrs and hundreds of injuries.
- Prays for the souls of martyrs who sacrificed their lives in defence of the legitimacy expressing the will of Egyptians.
- Condemns this heinous crime committed by Egyptian security services against unarmed civilians.
- Stresses that the determination of putschists to abrogate the democratic legitimacy embodied in President Mohamed Morsy will only drive putschists to further isolation and confrontation with the entire Egyptian people.
- Calls on all Egyptian national forces to reject the coup and support the pro-democratic legitimacy front and to opt for the method of dialogue and prevention of bloodshed.
- Calls on all freedom-loving people around the world to stand in solidarity with the Egyptian people in its defence of legitimacy and democracy.