Sultani to Ikhwanweb:We support reconciliation, stretch our hands to all
|Friday, September 29,2006 00:00|
|By Saed Abbady, Ikhwanweb|
Algeria’s Society of Peace Movement is considered the most important Islamic movement that started from an early period exercising the official political work and it managed to bypass dangerous stops that were likely more dangerous than the military coup on 1991 elections that led to the win of the Salvation Front .
Ikhwanweb: Give us a profile of emergence of movement and the extent of its ideological and political relations with the Muslim Brotherhood group?
Ikhwanweb: the Movement for the Society of Peace is considered one of pioneer Islamic movements in exercising the political work; what is your evaluation of the performance of movement in the political and government participation, and has the movement actually achieved its targets from the participation?
* Sheikh Abu Jara Sultani: The movement targets are far-reached and need more time and effort, and it realizes that what colonization damaged in 132 years can not be reformed with a participation in a government or a coalition with political trends; these are legitimate means which are complementary to the educational and Da’wa efforts, and attempts of fighting corruption and restoring people’s rights within framework of what’s available and possible .
Ikhwanweb: Some accuse you that you twisted democracy with your supporting military government that assumed power after the coup against the elections that resulted in the win of the Salvation Front?
* Sheikh Abu Jara Sultani: Any one who works in the public level can expect any thing and expect all charges, but we remind people as a testimony to history that politics is an Ijtihad disciplined by Sharia, and we have estimated the interest and made our Ijtihd; thanks god, what was a charge against us in the past time has proved it to be a false charge, and sheikh Mahfouz Nahnah became a role-model for sacrificing the party interest for the sake of the country and the Nation and religion, may Allah have mercy on him .
* Sheikh Abu Jara Sultani: We are still at the beginning of the road, but we estimate some of these achievements and aspire for more, as freedom and democracy are a long path that needs a culture of coexistence, and pluralism is a complete option, not a selection; all this can not be constructed in ten or twenty years .
* Sheikh Abu Jara Sultani: the movement stretches its hand to all, and it holds dialogs with all and we have no enmity with any Algeria citizen except those who chose to fight the Nation’s constants and principles: as for those entrenched with us in the same front, we agree in aims and goals and differ in some means that lead to these goals, and our slogan in that golden rule: " we cooperate on we agreed on and the we excuse each other on we differed on" and Algeria accepts all.
Ikhwanweb: What is your evaluation to the initiative of the national reconciliation, has it actually managed to stop the Algerian bloodshed ?
* Sheikh Abu Jara Sultani: One of the greatest achievements of Bouteflika is the bill of the national reconciliation, although we aspire to achieve a full stability as the road is still long and there are many obstacles, but we admit that what has been achieved so far in hard conditions is considered something great.
Ikhwanweb: How do you evaluate the political work of Algerian Islamic parties in the absence of the Islamic Salvation Front ?
* Sheikh Abu Jara Sultani: I am not in a position that allows me to evaluate others, but I say that the Movement for the Society of Peace has done its duties in all stages of the democratic process, although it was hit- like all Algerian citizens- by kidnappings, killings, intimidations, imprisonment, and lay-offs, but it considers this as the cost of the quick changes, considering its deaths martyrs for the sake of Allah and they will testify against the hideousness of what happened; as for those who are still alive, the message is known and the goals are laid down (God only assigns a soul something it can cope with).
Ikhwanweb: We notice that your movement retreated during the years 1997 – 2002, aren’t you worried about this retreat, and what is your personal evaluation to this charge?
* Abu Jara Sultani: We thank all those who observes the performance of movement and know its cadres and inform us of its defects and mistakes and direct to it what can be called a criticism that contains many charges; as for my personal comment on this judgement, the ballot boxes will show it, because the hearts are in the Hand of Allah, and no one knows who supports him from those who oppose him- except the committed cadres-; therefore what you call as a charge, I see as an impressionistic judgement that the election results may refute or confirm .
Ikhwanweb: How do you evaluate the social and economic situations, and do you have contributions in the changes that take place?
Algeria: Interview with The leader of Society of Peace Movement